You can email reports to people with access to the Boise State Data Warehouse by sharing a link to the report.
- To begin, open the report you want to share.
- When your report opens, click the “File” tab on the ribbon at the top of the screen. This will reveal the Backstage.
- Click the “Distribute” button on the left menu.
- Click the “Send Email Link” button. This will open the “Email” panel.
- You’ll notice a warning about sending links to reports that may contain sensitive data.
- Click the “Create Link” radio button. Note that the “Create Email” option does not work without an email client setup on your computer.
- Deselect the “Enable Link for ‘Fast Load’” checkbox.
- Next, deselect the “Disable advanced analytic functions” checkbox. Deselecting these options allows people viewing the report to change from the “Lite” workspace to the “Analytic” or “Viewer” workspaces so they can perform analytic functions and print, share or save the report to their “Private Content.”
- Now, click the “Link” button at the top of the “Email” panel. You should see a link displayed in a text field.
- Click in the text field to activate the field and then right + click (<control>+click on Mac) the text and select “Copy Link to Clipboard.” Note, the exact title may be slightly different here depending on your operating system and browser.
- Now you can paste the link into an email or website by right + clicking (<control>+click on Mac) where you want to insert the link and select “Paste” from the menu.
And that’s how to share a link to a Pyramid Analytics report.
You may also be interested in these topics: